This Thursday at Kirstenbosch Gardens we have WordCamp twice as big as last year! To ensure a smooth run and a successful WordCamp, we’ve compiled some basic information you’ll need.
Registration starts at 07:30, nearly two hours before the rest of the day’s preceding, which start promptly at 08:50. Of course there will be coffee, don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
We urge that you come early not just to get all 300+ campers registered. The time before the first session is brilliant for meeting other campers. Networking is part of the fun.
Goodie Bag – SWAG
RSAWEB, the WordPress Foundation, StickerGiant and WordCamp Cape Town have put together an awesome goodie bag for every attendee, available when you register. The goodie bag contains everything you’ll need for a day of WordPress fandom:
- 1 x Tshirt
- 1 x name tag sponsored by Clickatell
- 1 x WordPress Button compliments of the WordPress foundation
- 1 x Water from RSAWEB
- 1 x RSAWEB pamphlet with Lindt Chocolate
- 1 x Sheet of stickers compliments of StickerGiant
- 1 x pen & notepad from RSAWEB
- 1 x pen from Kri8it
What else to bring
The goodie bag and our food sponsors are taking care of most of our needs on the day (Thanks again guys!), but bring your digital devices. Not your desktop machines though, it’s not a LAN fellas.
- Mobile phone
- Tablet computer
- Laptop (Remember to charge all your devices before hand)
- Chargers for your devices
- Business Cards (leave 1 at the registration desk to enter a competition.)
- Cash and in-kind donations for DARG
Tea Breaks, Lunch and the After Party
SirJuice manages our thirst and Super Single Vineyards will host a wine tasting during the after party.
- LightSpeed will be sponsoring snacks and drinks during tea breaks
- FNB is sponsoring lunch
- After-party pizza slices from Butlers
- After-party juice by Sir Juice
- After-party Glass of wine/wine tasting by Super Single Vineyards
Due to the rules of the venue we will have no music at the networking after-party, but we hope to see everyone hang around for the after-party networking session. It gives everyone a chance to cement some new friendships and relationships forged during the day and continue conversations.
We can’t wait to meet you all at WordCamp Cape Town 2012!