Yay! Glad you want to Volunteer!
Look over the list to see what fits your talent(s), then, fill out the volunteer application form. We will get back to you soon to let you know what positions are available and work out a schedule.
Want to know more about what’s expected from volunteers?
Available volunteer opportunities
- Registration – Check in registered attendees and hand out name tags. Being really awesome with alphabetical order helps here.
- Swag store and t-shirt station – Pre-conference prep work includes folding/rolling shirts to bring to Kirstenbosch. At-WCCT work includes distributing tshirts, buttons, stickers from the swag table in the hall.
- Happiness Bar – Answer questions and help WordPress users fix problems with their sites. Must be able to show level of expertise to be selected for this gig. Read our recent blog post about Happiness Bar and Happiness Ambassadors.
- Signage Coordinator – Liaise with event sponsors and coordinate signage placement for the event. This person needs to be well spoken and professional.
- Social Media Marketing – Help posting updates and news flashes on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and Youtube.
- Food/Beverage – This is already taken of for the most part, but it would be helpful to have a few people keeping an eye on things.
- Green Room Guards – Having a safe place for speakers and volunteers to leave their stuff while they run around is important. We need people to stay in these rooms (maybe an hour or two at a time?) to guard everyone’s stuff.
- Room Runners – Work with the emcees, video people, speakers, and everyone else working in the room to keep things running smoothly. Make sure there’s water for speakers, and provide support as needed for other event staff.
- Casual Runners – Unexpected things always happen at events. It’s good to have a handful of people on hand to help take care of whatever crops up.
- Miscellaneous Prep – Random helping here and there – running errands, etc – that doesn’t have a category.
Become a Volunteer
Help us make this year the best WordCamp ever. Sign-up to be a volunteer using our quick online form.